How Lubrication Engineers Saved a Pet Food Manufacturer $78K in Cooker Bearings and 702 Hours of Labour Over 3 years.
A pet food manufacturer that produces a wide range of milk, rolls and canned food for dogs and cats.
Application & Challenge
- Using a conventional lubricant, the manufacturer was spending 45 minutes per day greasing all of its production equipment bearings.
- The bearings failed after nine weeks, resulting in expensive downtime and maintenance costs.
- The company was replacing the four bearings on the cooker line every six to eight weeks at a cost of $1,000 per bearing, plus labour.
- Any breakdown in production resulted in a $7,000 loss per hour.
Lubrication Engineers recommended the use of Quinplex H1 Lubricants (4024 and 4025).
- Saving $78k in cooker bearings and 702 hours of labour over 3 years.
- Significantly reduced downtime and maintenance costs
- Reduced greasing interval on all equipment from daily to weekly
- Reduced cooker bearing replacements from every eight weeks to every three years