Lubrication Engineers Pty Ltd (ACN 053 123 523) (Lubrication Engineers or we) respects the right of individuals (you) to have the privacy of their personal information maintained. We recognise the importance of personal information privacy and comply with the requirements of thePrivacy Act 1988 (Cth) with respect to the collection, storage and application of personal information.
This policy describes how Lubrication Engineers manages any personal information we have about you (including personal information collected through the use of our website at http://www.lubeng.com.au/ or other related websites (Site)). In this policy “personal information” means information or an opinion that allows you to be personally identified.
1 What personal information about me does Lubrication Engineers hold?
1.1 Account details
Where you apply to obtain a Credit Account from us or otherwise purchase products or services from us on credit, we will collect and store the information you provide to us. This information may include:
(1) your name and contact details, including telephone (landline and mobile) and facsimile numbers, your delivery and billing addresses and email addresses; and
(2) personal details of your directors and your trade references.
1.2 Email addresses
Lubrication Engineers may record your email address if you send Lubrication Engineers an email, contact Lubrication Engineers to inquire about a product or order a product from Lubrication Engineers. Your email address will be used for the purposes for which you provided it, and may also be added to Lubrication Engineers’ marketing mailing list for the purposes of direct marketing to you by email. Please refer to paragraph 6 below if you wish to opt out.
(1) You can access our home page and browse our Site without disclosing your personal information. However, you may be required to provide your personal information if you wish to access certain features of the Site or if you use the ‘Contact Us’ section of the Site.
(2) The Site uses persistent cookies to make using this Site an easy experience. For example, persistent cookies are used to remember you when you next visit the Site.
(3) Persistent cookies are stored in your internet browser cookies cache and may be retrieved by the Site next time you visit the Site.
(4) Cookies collect information about you, including your habits when accessing the Site and any information provided in customising the Site. However, per-session cookies do not give the Site access to anything else on your computer. Only the website which issued the cookie may retrieve it. Persistent cookies are cached by your internet browser and you may delete the cookies from your cache through the security or privacy settings of your internet browser.
(5) You can also prevent this collection of information by setting your internet browser to not accept cookies. This will not prevent you from accessing the Site, however it may prevent you from utilising all features of the Site.
In addition to the above, Lubrication Engineers may hold the following information about you:
(1) name, postal address and telephone numbers;
(2) details of products and services that you have purchased from us;
(3) information about your business or your employer’s business; and
(4) any other information you provided to us (whether orally, by mail or email or online).
1.5 Collection from third parties
2 What does Lubrication Engineers do with my personal information?
2.1 Credit reporting
(1) You agree that we may use any personal information that you disclose to us to determine your creditworthiness or to assist us in determining the creditworthiness of your employer (if relevant). This may include obtaining a credit report on relation to you (and if relevant, your employer and the directors or partners of your employer).
(2) You also agree that we may disclose any information we hold:
(a) to credit reporting agencies (in order to obtain a credit report or to notify a default);
(b) to any business or solicitor that we engage to collect debts on our behalf (if this is necessary because a default in payment); and
(c) to other providers and prospective providers of credit, but only where you consent to that disclosure or we are otherwise permitted by law to make it.
2.2 General purpose of use and disclosure
In addition to the above, we also collect, use and disclose personal information about you:
(1) to respond to your queries;
(2) to provide our products and services to you (or your employer as the case may be) as appropriate to your needs;
(3) to assist in the collection of debts that are due to us in relation to the products or services which we provide to you (or your employer as the case may be);
(4) to research, develop and improve our products and services;
(5) to keep you up to date with services or products that may be of interest to you;
(6) for our internal administrative, marketing and planning requirements;
(7) to compile and report statistics, with all the relevant personal information de-identified prior to the completion of such statistics;
(8) for future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes relating to Lubrication Engineers;
(9) to administer the Site and analyse use of the Site; and
(10) for purposes that are expressly permitted under any agreement with you or where it is necessary to comply with the law.
2.3 Potential recipients of personal information
(1) The types of organisations we may disclose your information to are:
(a) (on a confidential basis) agents and other providers that we use in the ordinary operation of our business, such as for data processing, printing or mailing;
(b) The parties referred to in clause 2.1(2); and
(c) organisations contracted to provide administrative services, such as mail service providers.
3.1 If we collect your personal information, you may have the right to request access to your personal information. You may request access to personal information we hold about you by contacting Lubrication Engineers’ Privacy Officer as set out below. Where we hold information that you are entitled to access, we will endeavour to provide you with a suitable range of choices as to how you access it (such as emailing or mailing it to you).
3.2 If you believe that personal information we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may request an amendment of it. We will consider if the information requires amendment. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it.
3.3 If you have any questions in relation to our information handling procedures, any complaint regarding treatment of your privacy by Lubrication Engineers, or if you wish to lodge a request for access or amendment to the personal information we hold, please contact us at:
Lubrication Engineers Pty Ltd
2/14 Stoddart Road
Prospect NSW 2148
4 Security, Quality and Accuracy of information
(1) Lubrication Engineers endeavours to keep personal information up to date and accurate. We may contact you from time to time to ensure that your personal information is up to date and accurate.
(2) Lubrication Engineers will also endeavour to protect that information from misuse, loss or unauthorised access. If you request information from us we will need to establish and verify your identity before we can disclose information to you.
(3) In relation to information that you send to use via the Site or by email, please note that the Site is linked to the internet, which is inherently insecure. Accordingly, Lubrication Engineers cannot provide any definitive assurance regarding security of the information. Whilst Lubrication Engineers strives to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Lubrication Engineers will not be liable in any way in relation to any breach of security or unintended loss or disclosure of information due to the Site being linked to the internet.
You are not obliged to provide us with your personal information. However, if you do not supply us with your personal information, we may be unable to process your order for products or services or to respond to your queries.
6 Marketing and promotion communications
Lubrication Engineers may use the personal information provided to send information and newsletters (both electronic and hardcopy) outlining news, services or events. You may opt out of receiving any such communications from us at any time. If you wish to do this, please make all requests in writing addressed to our Privacy Officer or (in the case of any information and newsletters sent to you by email, in accordance with the unsubscribe instructions in that email). Please indicate on your request whether you wish to opt out of either, or both, postal and electronic marketing communications.
7 What about links to other websites?