Almasol® Syntemp Grease
- Open Gears
- Low Speed Plain
- Sliding Surfaces
LE’s ALMASOL® Syntemp Lubricant is a high temperature extreme pressure (EP) lubricant made from a very heavy synthetic fluid and non-melting base. It is specially formulated to provide exceptional protection at temperatures at which petroleum oils would completely oxidize (or carbonize).
ALMASOL® Syntemp Lubricant is excellent for use on large open gears exposed to very high temperatures. It is also recommended for use on kiln girth gears, large industrial gearing, oven chains, sliding surfaces, large slow moving (friction) bearings and similar applications.
Contains ALMASOL®, LE’s exclusive wear-reducing additive, which protects against metal-to-metal contact and also serves to reduce friction and heat. ALMASOL® Syntemp Lubricant has exceptional water resistance and thus, remains unaffected by boiling water and steam. It also contains special rust inhibitors that prevent rust and corrosion.
Has high oxidation resistance
- Even at extreme temperatures 9901 Almasol Syntemp Lubricant will not leave undesirable oxidation products such as varnish or gum.
High load carrying capacity
- Ensures protection from wear even under the heaviest of loads. This high film strength of this product serves to cushion gear teeth when heavy or shock loads are encountered
- Is formulated with a non-melting thickener, which ensures that the lubricant will not liquefy and run out of bearings or run off gears, cables or chains.
Reduced equipment failures due to superior wear and corrosion protection.
Elimination of deposit build-up; does not form carbon or varnish deposits.
Less lubricant is needed due to superior oxidation resistance.
Use where an extremely high temperature, synthetic lubricant is required. This lubricant is typically designed for large bearings operating at very slow speeds.
Long lasting under high temperatures; much longer than ordinary lubricants.
- Very sticky and adherent to metal.
- Protects against rust and corrosion.
- Excellent mechanical stability.
- EP (Extreme Pressure) characteristics.
- Remains plastic down to 0ºF. (-18ºC.).
- Highly water resistant. Resists boiling water or high temperature steam.
- Passes ASTM D4049 water spray-off test — less than 5.0% spray-off.
- Timken OK load of 45 lbs.
What is ALMASOL®?
ALMASOL® is LE’s exclusive wear-reducing additive which has an affinity for metal similar to polar attraction. It attaches itself to working surfaces in a single microscopic layer, yet it will not build on itself or affect clearances. This microscopic layer possesses tremendous loadcarrying capacity, is impervious to acid attack and minimizes metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction and wear. When added to LE lubricants, it gives an extra dimension of protection available in no other lubricant.