Eco Rope Guardian Lubricant
Applications on or near waterways, including:
- Wire Ropes
- Chains (links, pins, bushings)
- Cables (sheave bushings, bearings & strands)
Viper’s Eco Rope Guardian lubricant is specifially formulated to be earth friendly while still meeting the rigorous demands of industrial applications. With these products, you can ‘go green’ – and keep up with the latest environmental regulations – without having to sacrifice performance. ECO Rope Guardian Lubricant ERG-1 is a certified Environmentally Acceptable Lubricant (EAL), recommended for use in applications on or near waterways. It meets the specifiations equired by the EPA’s Vessel General Permit (VGP). It is readily biodegradable, exhibits
minimal aquatic toxicity and will not accumulate in the cells of fish and other aquatic life forms.
Its semi-tacky, water-resistant characteristics enable it to adhere to the application and seal out damaging moisture and protect against rust formation. It’s robust additive package further helps it protect against wear, corrosion, impact, rust and oxidation.
- Minimal wash off in high wash submersed applications
- Seals surfaces, protecting aganist rust and corrosion
- Dramatically reduces wear to wire ropes and sheaves
- Zero Bio accumulating Content
- Clings tenuiously to metal surfaces
- Broad Temperature Operating range -29°C to 200°C
- Resists Sling off, keeps work area clean
- Lessens resistance when surfaces slide over one another, ensuring cooler operation
- Effectively applied via Auto applicators like the ViperWRL
- Increased lubricant intervals, dramatically reduce consumption
- Semi translucent aids visual inspection of Ropes “NOT BLACK
Proprietary special additive system is used in Eco Rope Guardian. Solid wear-reducing additive is able to withstand extremely heavy loads, chemical attack and contact temperatures over 1000°C. It is attracted to metal surfaces, forming a microscopic layer but not building on itself or affecting clearances, minimizing metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction heat and wear. Also contains an additive that contributes to outstanding water resistance, tackiness and enhanced mechanical stability, and helps to form a barrier against corrosion.