Pyroshield® Syn Open Gear Grease
SKU: LE5180, LE5182, LE5100
- Various applications in the mining and mineral processing industry
- Open gears and slides
- Ball mill open gears
- Kiln open gears
- Bar screens
- Dipper sticks
- Circle rails
Pyroshield Syn Open Gear Grease is a heavy-duty synthetic lubricant developed for large unshrouded open gears in the mining, mineral processing and cement industries, and for other severe service applications that require a lubricant with superior wear protection, exceptional load-carrying ability, outstanding tackiness and ease of application at various temperatures. It also works well for applications in which gears experience high point-of-contact temperatures of 327ºC (620ºF) and above.
A product of advanced lubricant technology providing boundary lubrication, unmatched performance and versatility, Pyroshield Syn Open Gear Grease is formulated with high-viscosity 100 percent synthetic base oil, a non-melting thickening system and LE’s proprietary heat stable additives. It contains a synergistic mix of Almasol®, LE’s exclusive wear-reducing additive, and a unique combination of extreme pressure additives.
- Increases uptime
- Lengthens equipment life
- Lowers lubricant consumption
- Reduces maintenance
- Outperforms similar products in wear protection and load-carrying ability
- Carries 90-lb Timken OK load
- Resists shock loading
- Provides excellent oxidation resistance and rust protection
- Reduces noise in large open gears
- Clings tenaciously to surfaces
- Resists removal by water, heat and other severe conditions
Wide Temperature Range
- Does not thin or run at high temperatures
- Has no dropping point (will not melt)
- 5180 remains pumpable at low temperatures
- Works for open gears and heavily loaded sliding applications
- Comes in grades 0 and 2 to meet the needs of manual and automatic systems
- Also available in aerosol
LE’s proprietary additives are used exclusively in LE lubricants. Pyroshield Syn Open Gear Grease contains Almasol.
Almasol® solid wear-reducing additive is able to withstand extremely heavy loads, chemical attack and temperatures up to 1,900ºF (1,038ºC). It is attracted to metal surfaces, forming a microscopic layer but not building on itself or affecting clearances. Almasol minimizes metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction, heat and wear.