Wirelife® Almasol® Coating Lubricant
- Mining and construction
- Standing and running lines
- Draglines, cranes and derricks
- Marine environment
- Cranes, hoists and drilling rigs
- Rust preventative
- Any metal in harsh environments
- Metal equipment parts in long-term storage
Wirelife® Almasol® Coating Lubricant (2002) is a fluid wire rope lubricant that provides a tough outer coating to seal and protect against fretting corrosion, wear and rust – even under extreme load and moisture. It seals and protects better than any product available. When used in conjunction with Wirelife Monolec® Penetrating Lubricant, maximum protection and wear reduction is achieved.
In addition to its primary function as a coating, it also provides moderate penetration – depending on the tightness of tolerances and the temperature when applied. It contains a petroleum solvent to enhance its ability to penetrate. The solvent evaporates, leaving behind a self-healing, nontacky, protecting film that is highly resistant to wash-off from both fresh and salt water.
- Protects from water washing, exposure and acid
- Repels dirt and prevents buildup of abrasive or corrosive particles
- Does not drip, run or sling off during application or in use
High Load-Carrying Capacity & Smooth operation
- Has excellent extreme pressure characteristics
- 60-lb Timken OK load is among the highest of available wire rope lubricants
- Prevents snatching of wire rope and sheaves
- Protects sheaves, drums, pins and rollers from excessive wear
- Protects against fretting wear, a major cause of wire rope failures
Rust & Corrosion Protection
- Performs well in marine environments
- Provides outstanding rust protection and is an excellent metal preservative for all types of equipment
- Requires just a single application to prevent rust on steel parts in long-term storage
Wide Temperature Range
- Performs well and remains flexible in a broad temperature range
- Does not drip in hot weather or chip in cold
Safe & Easy application
- Requires no heating or melting prior to application
- Can be sprayed on with automatic equipment or hand- applied with a brush
- Is also available in aerosol cans, which contain no chlorofluorocarbons
LE’s proprietary additives are used exclusively in LE lubricants. Wirelife Almasol Coating Lubricant contains Almasol.
Almasol® wear- reducing additive attaches itself to metal surfaces in a single microscopic layer, yet will not build on itself or affect clearances. It possesses tremendous load-carrying capacity, is impervious to acid attack and minimizes metal-to-metal contact and the resulting friction and wear. When added to LE lubricants, it provides a level of protection available with no other lubricant.